Direct Application only
Please Note: The Direct Application link will take you to the School for Graduate Studies webpage. Go to Prospective Students - Admissions Information - Graduate Program Applications. You will see a link on the right hand side of the page entitled Application Log In to begin your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 15TH each year.
The application includes:
- CWRU on-line application form completed by the student
- Unofficial transcripts sent directly from all previous institutions attended (includes both degree and non-degree programs, regardless of the number of courses taken.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores for the general exam (quantitative, verbal and writing) taken within 5 years of the application and sent directly from ETS. The GRE subject exam is not required.
- The institutional code is 1105 and department code is 0210 (there is no separate genetic counseling code). GRE
- TOEFL score for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Current CV/Resume
- A $50.00 application fee (check or money order in US $ payable to CWRU)
Genetic Counseling Admissions Match
New for the 2018 Admissions Cycle!
The Genetic Counseling Training Program at Case Western Reserve University is participating in the Genetic Counseling Admissions Match through National Matching Services (NMS). The GC Admissions Match has been established to enhance the process of placing applicants into positions in masters-level genetic counseling programs that are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC). The Match uses a process that takes into account both applicants' and programs' preferences. All applicants must first register for the Match with NMS before applying to participating genetic counseling graduate programs. At the conclusion of all program interviews, both applicants and programs will submit ranked lists of preferred placements to NMS according to deadlines posted on the NMS website. The binding results of the Match will be released to both applicants and programs simultaneously in late April.
Please visit the NMS website at (https://natmatch.com/gcadmissions) to register for the match, review detailed information about the matching process, and to view a demonstration of how the matching algorithm works.
Important: After you have registered with NMS, you will need to put your NMS ID number at the top of your CV/Resume and/or at the top of your personal statement.Last update on: 10th December 2018